Have you been arrested or charged with a crime? It’s important for you to seek legal counsel immediately. Our attorneys will make sure that your rights are preserved and that your case is fairly tried in court. Trust our team to help you when you need it most. We accept cases involving many different types of crimes, including:
- DUI: Driving under the influence is a serious offense that can result in a hefty fine, a driver’s license suspension, or even jail time. Hiring an experienced DUI attorney can help protect your rights as you face these potentially life-changing charges.
- Drug charges: There are many variables that affect the type of drug charge and the potential severity of any related consequences. Trust a criminal defense lawyer to stand up for you in court. Smoak & Hudson Law Firm will defend you if you’ve been charged with drug possession, manufacturing, trafficking, or prescription fraud.
- Domestic violence: Accusations of domestic violence accusations can have very negative consequences on your life. Even if these types of allegations are untrue, the damage to your reputation can be long-lasting. It’s important to have a criminal defense attorney on your side who’ll make sure your side of the story—and the truth—are told in your case. Our Walterboro, SC attorneys will do just that.
- Fraud: Have you been charged with fraud? If so, you need an attorney on your side who’ll put in the time to research the claims, get to the truth, and fight for your best interests. Smoak & Hudson Law Firm is here to help.
- Assault: Assault is a serious charge. We’ll listen to your side of the story and conduct thorough research to uncover the truth. If it’s a matter of self-defense, defending others, or defending property, we’ll find the best way to present your story to the courts.
- And other criminal charges: There are too many types of criminal charges to list every one, but if you find yourself in trouble with the law, you need a criminal lawyer. Our Walterboro, SC attorneys are here to help.
Matters of family law are often among the most emotional cases an attorney will take on. Our lawyers provide compassionate counsel for families. Contact us if you need a lawyer for any of the following types of cases that are typically handled in family court:
- Divorce: Ending a marriage is difficult and brings up all kinds of feelings. But it’s very important to separate emotion from the facts of your situation. Our family law attorneys will make sure your divorce settlement is fair and represents what’s in your best interests.
- Alimony: The financial issues caused by a divorce can be life-changing. If you believe you’re entitled to alimony, consult with a family lawyer at Smoak & Hudson Law Firm. We’ll review your individual and shared assets, as well as the terms of your divorce. Our attorneys will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Child custody: The well-being of the child should come first in any custody dispute. Our family lawyers will make sure your side of the story is heard and that your parental rights are considered every step of the way.
- Child support
- Or other matters of family law
Have you been injured through no fault of your own? If so, you may be entitled to compensation. We represent people who have been hurt in personal injury cases. We will listen to your side of the story, investigate the circumstances, and make sure you and your family are provided for. Contact us if you’ve been hurt as a result of:
- Auto accidents
- Slip and fall
- Product liability cases
OTHER AREAS OF PRACTICE
We also accept other types of cases. These include:
- Medical malpractice
- Social Security disability
- Workers’ compensation
If you have other legal needs not mentioned here, call Smoak & Hudson Law Firm to see if we can help. Our attorneys in Walterboro, SC serve clients from throughout the South Carolina Lowcountry. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.